Aurinia Community Guidelines
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Community Guidelines for Facebook, LinkedIn, and X (formerly Twitter)
Thank you for visiting Aurinia’s social media channels. We encourage you to engage with us and other members of our community. To ensure a positive and respectful environment for everyone, we have established these community guidelines. Please keep in mind that we work in a regulated industry, which is part of the reason behind our adoption of these guidelines. We appreciate your patience and participation.
- By posting to our social media channels, or otherwise responding or commenting on our posts, you are agreeing to abide by these guidelines, which apply in addition to any terms and conditions or other notices or disclaimers that we may apply, or that may be applied by the host of the social media platform itself.
- Unless posts are from an official Aurinia social media handle, none of the posts or comments are posts made by us, but from members of the public. We take no responsibility for comments or posts made by third parties on our channels, and the content of those comments or posts (including any opinions or statements) may not reflect our views, and are the responsibility of the individual posting them.
- We may discuss medical and health-related topics on our social media feeds. The content we post, and any associated content shared by other users, should not be taken as medical advice. We ask that you refrain from soliciting or posting medical advice on this feed. For advice and information related to your health, please seek advice from your doctor or other healthcare professional.
- Aurinia reserves the right to remove any content or comments that violate these guidelines or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. We may block or ban users who repeatedly violate these guidelines or engage in disruptive behavior, including any behavior, language or images that, in our view, could be considered:
- Threatening/promoting violence or any other illegal behavior
- profane, defamatory, libelous, offensive, abusive, harassing, discriminatory or demeaning
- spam, excessive or repetitive content that may be disruptive to the community
- Inclusive of confidential or undisclosed public information about the company or any individuals
- In violation any of the platform rules for the social media channels in which we operate, includig: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- We take drug safety reporting seriously. Any comments/posts made mentioning potential medical side effects or adverse side effects experienced while taking Aurinia products must be reported. Please see the Adverse Events Reporting section for more information.
- Because pharmaceutical companies are regulated about what and how we can communicate, we may not respond to every @mention and/or reply, and in certain instances, cannot engage in discussions about certain topics, including:
- Treatment options, medical advice, or off-label use of products
- Products/treatments developed by other companies
- Solicitation, including that of other products or services
- Proprietary or confidential information that might be regarded as sensitive company information
- We may follow other Twitter accounts and share links to informative third-party sites (including sites to additional resources or company representatives) that you may find useful. This however, is not an indication of Aurinia’s endorsement. Please note that the views expressed by community members are their own and not necessarily representative of Aurinia’s views or opinions.
- We are not responsible for content altered via any reshares by other users. If we are made aware of altered/misrepresentative content posted by other users, we reserve the right to report that content. Additionally, we are not responsible for the content, privacy policies or terms and conditions of any websites accessed or posted to our feed or in our tweets.
Report A Suspected Adverse Event Or Product Quality Complaint
At Aurinia, we are committed to serving and empowering patients. This includes collecting, assessing, and reporting all suspected adverse events (AEs, or side effects) and product quality complaints (PQCs) associated with the use of our products. Aurinia follows all world-wide regulations and laws related to safety, AEs, and PQCs.
To report a suspected AE or PQC, select one of the following methods:
- Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Call Center at 1-833-672-0028 to report AEs and PQCs.
- AEs can also be reported to the FDA's Adverse Event Reporting System MedWatch Online Voluntary Reporting Form or call 1-800-332-1088.
For more details, read our Patient Safety Guide.
Request Medical Information
If you are a healthcare provider and would like to request information on our medication for lupus nephritis, contact us at Medinfo@auriniapharma.com.
We value your privacy. We will not sell Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their use for marketing purposes. However, in the event Aurinia goes through a business transition, such as a merger or an acquisition of its equity interests or assets, or a business reorganization, your Personal Information contained or stored by Aurinia may be part of the assets transferred.
For more details, read our Privacy Statement.
Thank you for being part of our social media community and for helping us to maintain a respectful and informative environment. We appreciate your contributions!