Administrative Assistant, Legal & Compliance (Temporary November 2019 to March 2020)
Position: Temporary (November 2019 until March 2020)
Reports to: Director, Legal & Compliance
Department: Legal & Compliance
Location: Victoria, BC
The incumbent is responsible for providing professional administrative assistance to the legal department.
- Administer the Legal & Compliance e-mail account;
- Maintain tracking while establishing prioritization of all contracts and corporate record requirements;
- Record and maintain applicable contract documents in centralized database;
- Route contract documentation for signature and obtain signatures from authorized representatives;
- Distribute fully-executed contracts in accordance with established processes;
- Retain and disseminate all corporate and legal documentation in accordance with companies’ internal controls for audit purposes;
- Administration for Medical Legal Regulatory review board;
- Complete and process records and forms as required;
- Maintain Legal & Compliance and Corporate Administration filing systems;
- Assist with Reception duties when needed;
- Perform other duties or special projects, as requested.
- Previous administrative assistant experience preferably in a law office;
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in contract administration (preferred);
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word, Excel; PowerPoint and SharePoint;
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization to achieve goals;
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems to effectively escalate issues appropriately;
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.