Associate, Legal and Corporate Administration
Reporting Line: Director, Legal and Corporate Administration
Location: Corporate Office - Victoria, BC
Purpose of Position
The incumbent will provide effective contract management and corporate administration to the Legal department. This position will provide support for administrating company corporate records, and contract management processes. The candidate will have a proven success record of working in a matrixed public company environment, and regularly collaborating with cross functional teams. In addition, candidate must be highly efficient and organized with exceptional communications skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance across variety of departments to ensure legal and procurement standards are followed consistent with Aurinia business practices and internal controls;
- Maintain tracking and reporting while establishing prioritization of all contracts and corporate record requirements;
- Support legal in proactively initiating Confidentiality Agreements, Service Agreements, Consultancy Agreements and Master Services Agreements;
- Participates in the contract negotiation process while escalating areas that require legal interpretation to subject matter experts;
- Finalize contracts for execution, ensuring that substantive content and format are consistent with company standards;
- Route contract documentation for signature and obtain signatures from authorized representatives;
- Record applicable contract documents in centralized database and distribute fully-executed contracts in accordance with established processes;
- Retain all corporate and legal documentation in accordance with companies’ internal controls for audit purposes;
- Perform other duties or special projects, as required;
- You will agree to comply with all signatory limits as communicated by the finance function on behalf of the company;
- You will comply with all Policies, rules, and regulations as set out and communicated by the company pursuant to good business practice.
- Paralegal or Bachelor's in related field of study and a minimum of 3+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in contract administration;
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word, Excel; PowerPoint and SharePoint;
- Able to build effective working relationships throughout the organization internally and externally to achieve goals;
- Flexibility and willingness to solve problems that fall outside of immediate area of expertise and ability to effectively escalate issues appropriately as required;
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills, with an exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.