Reporting Line: Controller
Location: Edmonton, AB (Accounting Office)
Purpose of Position:
The incumbent will provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. They will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. The incumbent will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department, aiding in company decision making and ultimately long-term corporate success.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Generate monthly and quarterly working papers and balance sheet reconciliations to support and verify general ledger account balances;
- Prepare and post accurate and timely journal entries;
- Record bank transactions and perform monthly bank reconciliations;
- Assist with review and tracking of expenses;
- Support operation of internal control procedures;
- Assist with the documentation of the internal and external audit process;
- Assist with various accounting projects; and
- Support Controller and CFO as required.
- Four to six years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. Comm) in Accounting or Finance considered an asset.
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics considered an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work while remaining flexible.
- Positive "can-do" attitude.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.