Corporate Development & Medical Affairs Administrative Assistant
Reporting Line: Executive Vice-President, Corporate Development and Head of Medical Affairs
Purpose of Position:
The incumbent is responsible for providing specialized administrative support applying critical thinking to aid and assist the Executive Vice-President, Corporate Development and Head of Medical Affairs. Effective execution of duties requires a high degree of judgement and initiative with knowledge and application of best practices in business administration.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Acts as an ambassador for the EVP, Corporate Development and Head of Medical Affairs both internally and externally;
- Efficiently and actively organizes assigned calendars and activities;
- Coordinates activities internally within the executive management team and various departments; externally with various business partners;
- Process documentation for approvals and signatures;
- Routinely work with highly confidential and personal information with upmost discretion;
- Arranges internal and external meetings; conference calls; coordinates travel arrangements;
- Take and prepare meeting notes, minutes and other records;
- Type, proof and edit various correspondence, documentation and reports;
- Prepares and processes more complex presentations, reports and Request for Proposals (RFP), often independently compiling first draft as directed;
- Provide administrative assistance using advanced knowledge of MSOffice and SharePoint;
- Exercise judgement within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions;
- Manage incoming communications (mail/telephone/fax) and responding/dealing with issues as appropriate;
- Coordinates various accounting and contracting requirements on behalf of direct Managers;
- Backup Administration/Reception coverage, if/when required; and
- Perform other administrative duties or special projects, as required.
- Comply with all signatory limits as communicated by the finance function on behalf of the company.
- Comply with all Policies, rules, and regulations as set out and communicated by the company pursuant to good business practice.
- 5+ years progressive administrative experience.
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work well independently as well as a member of multiple, integrated teams.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to establish work priorities and remain flexible in working hours.
- Attention to Detail (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer skills using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline (asset).
- Public and/or Pharmaceutical company experience (asset).
- MUST have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.